Powered by OHIO RIVER SOUTH
By Molly Mcloughlin & Rebecca Wallace ● Jan 9, 2023
Smart Brevity™ count: 2.5 mins…714words
We bid adieu to ‘22 and shout out with glee to ‘23.
1 big thing: ORS’ 2022 in Review
2022 was monumental for Ohio River South as we:
- celebrated our 5 Year Anniversary;
- expanded our team to 14;
- moved in to our new home in the just-renovated Hotel Row;
- convened public, private, and civic gatherings of unmatched prominence; and
- flexed our muscles with more clients and more services than ever before.
Please read on.
2. We expanded our team and expertise
Continuing to expand both our expertise and geographic footprint, Ohio River South brought on four new members in 2022.
John Cushnie, Jennifer Larosa, and Sam Johnson round out the policy, government relations, and procurement team with decades of experience in Georgia and the Carolinas.
Jasmine Cato will streamline the company’s operations and manage the hiring out of its office space to private organizations during non-business hours.
What they’re saying: “Both operationally and professionally, Ohio River South is ready for the next wave of change in Southeastern politics,” said Chief Operating Officer Daraka Satcher.
Go deeper with our whole team.
3. We moved in to new digs
ORS was one of the first tenants to move into 235 Mitchell Street, a historic building with access to all of downtown’s major sites.
- We created a unique space with modern amenities to convene not only our clients, but high stakes leaders and prominent groups who are making a difference in the New South.
- In addition to hosting dozens of events, we shared our space with a variety of production and filming projects.
Political events and fundraisers this election season included:
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop with special guest U.S Sen. Jon Ossoff
- Georgia House Speaker-elect Jon Burns
- Little Rock, Arkansas Mayor Frank Scott Jr.
- Our own office Open House featuring elected and appointed leaders
What’s next: Learn how you can host your next event at our place.
4. We convened local leaders with national impact
We were honored to host events in Atlanta and Washington D.C. that convened high-powered business and political leaders impacting local, state, and federal government affairs.
- In July, we joined Mayor Andre Dickens in hosting the National League of Cities 2022 Summer Board and Leadership Meeting reception with mayors from across the country coming together to learn from each other and share ideas.
- In October, we hosted the Congressional Black Caucus’ Annual Legislative Conference brunch in Washington D.C. that put on display all that Atlanta has to offer on a national stage.
5. We created impact for exceptional clients
2022 wasn’t only a successful year for ORS, it was also a year full of wins for our vast array of clients across the Southeast.
- Locally, ORS supported:
- Rowen Foundation for its groundbreaking of their research and innovation-led mixed use development that will eventually span 2,000 acres and create 100,000 jobs
- American Heart Association and Wholesome Wave Georgia in receiving a $500,000 donation from the City of Atlanta which will support their program designed to combat food insecurity and expand access to fresh, locally grown food
- International Franchise Association’s Open for Opportunity tour stop in Atlanta by convening the mayor and Black business leaders for a roundtable discussion on diversity in franchising and secured local media coverage
Outside the peach state, ORS supported:
- Comcast in South Carolina to connect with and secure the attendance of local elected officials, including Whip U.S. Rep. Jim Clyburn, for their Project UP digital equity event to promote rural broadband expansion and provide free laptops to students
- State Innovation Exchange (SiX) and their Southern Freedom to Vote Alliance to raise awareness of state legislation that will be proposed to address barriers to vote through social and news media
- the successful election U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto with our Firehouse Phones service
Go deeper: See more of our wins for other clients.
Our thought bubble: What win can we secure for you in 2023?